Objectively measures true visual quality and scatter
The HD Analyzer is a unique diagnostic system that allows for an objective analysis of optical quality.
The system provides a measure of light scatter, which is caused by a variation of the refractive index, corneal disease or imperfections on the ocular surface, which can lead to degradation in image quality. Light scatter is not measurable using traditional wavefront aberrometry and presents a diagnostic challenge that only the HD Analyzer is currently able to answer.
Employing double-pass retinal imaging, the HD Analyzer uses a punctual light source that is imaged on the retina. The size and shape of the light are analyzed by the system in order to determine the higher order aberrations and scattered light. The system provides users with the Point Spread Function (PSF), Objective Scattering Index (OSI), as well as the Modulation TransferFunction (MTF).
The HD Analyzer is versatile and can be used for :
• Diagnosing and monitoring the evolution over time of pathologies or refractive disorders.
• Evaluation of the level of light scatter (OSI) for the early detection of cataract and the determination of its degree of maturity.
• Comparing pre and post cataract and refractive surgery measurements.
• Precise measurement of MTF (Modulation Transfer Function), which is overestimated by aberrometers when scattering exists, as in cataract patients.
• Comparing pre and post cataractand refractive surgery measurements.
• Evaluation of tear fi lm quality
• Objective measurement of the amplitude of accommodation and pseudoaccommodation.